Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
from Cooking Light magazine. Draining the yogurt creates a thick consistency. Lightly coat your knife or kitchen shears with cooking spray to prevent the dates from sticking as you chop them. "Cooking Time" is actually chilling time.
- 2 (16 ounce) containers low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 6 tablespoons chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape yogurt into a bowl using a rubber spatula.
- Spoon 1/2 cup drained yogurt into each of six parfait glasses.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon chopped dates, 2 teaspoons chopped & toasted walnuts, and 1-1/2 teaspoons of honey.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Wonderful treat! Made it with homemade vanilla sheep yoghurt which is VERY creamy (just sheep yoghurt with a little honey and a split vanilla bean left in the fridge overnight). I will definitely make this again and again. Thanks for posting!
Made for PARTY game December 2011.
I just used plain yogurt and I forgot about the cinnamon. It was really good that way though. I think this would make a great breakfast! Thank you!