Recipe by LainieBug
from Cooking Light magazine. Draining the yogurt creates a thick consistency. Lightly coat your knife or kitchen shears with cooking spray to prevent the dates from sticking as you chop them. "Cooking Time" is actually chilling time.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Wonderful treat! Made it with homemade vanilla sheep yoghurt which is VERY creamy (just sheep yoghurt with a little honey and a split vanilla bean left in the fridge overnight). I will definitely make this again and again. Thanks for posting!
Made for PARTY game December 2011.
- 2 (16 ounce) containers low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 6 tablespoons chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape yogurt into a bowl using a rubber spatula.
- Spoon 1/2 cup drained yogurt into each of six parfait glasses.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon chopped dates, 2 teaspoons chopped & toasted walnuts, and 1-1/2 teaspoons of honey.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.