Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These make an absolutely DeLiCiOuS breakfast. You may turn away at the thought of yogurt in pancakes but you'll regret not trying these! My favorite breakfast!
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup flavored yogurt (fruit flavored is best, as suggested by Sackville Girl)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Dump all of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) into a large bowl. Mix well, then make a dent in the center of the mixture using a soup spoon.
- Place the butter in a covered bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Spoon the yogurt into a medium sized bowl. Add the milk, melted butter, and the egg in with the yogurt and whisk until everything becomes one color.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dent in the dry mixture.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the flour disappears.
- Spray a griddle or pan with PAM cooking spray.
- Scoop the batter with a 1/3 cup measure into the pan. (if you like larger pancakes you may use a larger scoop but there will be fewer pancakes).
- Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve hot with fresh fruit, syrup, extra yogurt, powdered sugar, or just plain.
AWESOME!!!! These were soo good! I used plain nonfat yogurt. But I added just a touch of Splenda, some vanilla, and some blueberries. I also used wheat flour instead! So they were relatively healthy and so YUMMY!!!
I was looking for a way to increase the protein in my breakfast as I usually make shakes but didn't have all ingredients on hand to do so. These pancakes while delicious, were a bit too 'moist' for me... I prefer 'drier' and fluffy pancakes, and these didn't seem to 'cook through' enough for me. I tried lowering the heat (to avoid burning) and leaving them on longer, but somehow it just didn't balance out. Next time I do not think I'll use as much milk. Understandably it will be a thicker batter (and probably have a lesser chance of cooking through, but I don't know how else to adjust. Suggestions welcome!
amazing! I love these pancakes! nice and light, great with blueberries! and one extra egg plus sugar!