Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Good breakfast or snack muffin. Very moist.
Top Review by Ang11002
I made these this morning with the help of my 3 yr old and we both enjoyed them. They sort of remind me of cornbread, both in looks and texture but were still yummy with a slight hint of orange flavor. Thanks for a healthy breakfast Di!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add in the orange zest; stir to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk the yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla together.
- Add yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients; fold in just until moistened (don't overmix).
- Pour batter evenly into 12 buttered or greased (with non-stick cooking spray) muffin tins.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until pick comes out clean.