1/1 Photo of Yogurt or Sour Cream Crumb Fruit Topping
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This delicious, tangy fruit topping goes with almost any fruit. Try it with chilled fresh apricots, sliced bananas with red cherries, etc. From Best of Scandinavian Cooking. I haven't tried this yet so the cooking time for the crumbs is an estimate. If you get to this before I do, let me know how long it took to brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml pumpernickel bread, crumbs (fine soft crumbs) or 118.29 ml rye breadcrumbs (fine soft crumbs)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml raw sugar (or more) or 29.58 ml brown sugar (or more)
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt or 236.59 ml sour cream, chilled
- 4 apricots, chilled (or other fruit) or 4 bananas (or other fruit) or 946.36 ml red cherries (or other fruit)
- 1Slowly saute bread crumbs in butter until toasted and very crisp, stirring frequently.
- 2Allow crumbs to cool and drain on paper towel.
- 3Mix with sugar to sweeten.
- 4Whip chilled yogurt until smooth, turn into serving bowl and sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- 5Spoon over chilled fruits.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt or Sour Cream Crumb Fruit Topping
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 53.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: