Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe I made a few years ago. These muffins are great. I don't remember where I took the recipe.
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips or 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the egg mixture and then pour the mixture of yogurt, stirring just to moisten the dry ingredients. Incorporate the chocolate chips. Stir a little bit. Pour in the muffin pan.
- Mix all ingredients of the garnish. Distribute on the muffins. Bake in oven 30 to 35 minutes. (check the muffins after 20 minutes as I wrote 20-25 minutes as a note, so maybe my muffins were ready after 20-25 minutes. As I said it's been a while since I made them).
What a find!! These are incredibly easy and super tasty!! Already added it to my notepad of favourites Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Simple recipe that is delicious! Made them twice and always the same success! The first time, I omitted the cinnamon and brown sugar but when I added them the second time, it was even better than the first time!
Very easy to make, very easy directions to follow and they turned out delicious and moist! I did not put Choc. Chips in them but Raisins instead and they were Yummy! I also cut back on the sugar with no noticeable effect. All in all, a perfect muffin for home, company or taking to a friends place! Thanks you for these! I needed to use up Yogurt that was expiring and I found your awesome recipe!