This mousse is very nice for any time of day, it's not too sweet, but definatly sweet enough for a desert, you can try adding things such as Whipped cream and fruit, a fruit sauce, or even just some extra sugar for a different taste, very easy to make, and even the kids can help out with the whisking. I got this recipe out of a manga book called Kitchen Princess by Natsumi Ando and Miyuki Kobayashi. Extra note from recipe: "Yogurt is made with fermented milk, Dairy bacteria is good for your stomach and insestines and works to regulate your immune system." And remember, as long as you keep the basic recipe the same, you can do what ever you like with thisa, some suggestions I got from my family when I served it to them was perhaps in a cannoli or in-between cake layers.
- Mix the yogurt and sugar in a medium sized bowl,.
- In a different bowl, pour whipping cream in and whisk until it whips up. Make sure it has the same texture as the yogurt.
- In a small bowl, put in hot water and gelatin and mix to dissolve, stir as you pour the gelatin in tso it doesn't clump up.
- Put the hot water and gelatin from step three in the yogurt and stir fast to keep it from clumping up.
- Add the whipped cream from step 2 into the bowl from step 4 and mix. After mixing, pour into 4 glass cups and chill for about an hour.
this recipe is plain on it's own, but it's SO basic that you can play with it adding your own flavors. i mixed in a bit of vanilla and rasberry jam. i love the consistency, it's so thick, the way i like it, and it sits well on top of cake, just make sure to keep in the fridge for a few more hours.
i don't feel safe to serve anything with uncooked egg white so i chose this recipe. i add additionally 4 tablespoon of strawberry marmalade, and made it into a strawberry mousse cake. it's not very sweet and my whole family loved it.