Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Pioneer Woman. Looks soooo good!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup prepared orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and canola oil until just combined.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined; do not overbeat.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly. Remove from pan.
- While cake is cooling, pour marmalade into pan. Heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Add yogurt to pan and turn off heat. Stir to combine, then pour slowly over the top of the cake, allowing icing to pool around the sides.
This definitely lived up to expectations. Easy, fast, and well liked by everyone.
Wonderful cake! I've made this once already and have another in the oven as we speak. I use 1 t lemon extract for the lemon zest. Thanks for the recipe, Redsie!
I might call this Flexible Cake. I didn't have yogurt, so used fat-free sour cream. Didn't have lemon zest, so used 1/2 tsp. of dried orange peel. Didn't have a whole 1/2 cup of orange marmalade, so used some apricot preserves to round it out. Turned out absolutely wonderful. Moist on the inside, slight crunch on the outside. One note: the instructions don't tell you what to do with the 1 cup of plain yogurt. Begin step 4 with the yogurt -before adding the sugar. Thanks for a keeper.