Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful lower fat marinade that really does a great job with tenderizing, I have listed the chili powder and cumin as optional you may add in or omit, I would suggest to add in as they really bring out so much more flavor to the chicken --- the amounts listed is enough for 6 large or 8 small boneless chicken breasts, the chicken must marinate for at least 8 hours
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder (optional)
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients until blended.
- Place the chicken into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal bag and turn to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
Really yummy. Cooked it on the Forman grill. The chicken turned out really moist. I didn't add the cumin, but will try it next time. Thanks for posting!
This was fabulous! Just a touch of zing from the ginger (had to use dried, all I had) but nothing overpowering. After a disastrous camping weekend long ago eating nothing but beans and hot dogs, thanks to my dear husband, I now make all the camping food. Cut chicken into strips and stuck in a quart ziploc with this the night before we left, and this cooked on the camp stove to moist perfection. Thanks so much for another great recipe! I will make this again, even when sleeping on the ground is not going to be an issue!
Great!! I marinated the chicken overnight and grilled it the next day. Wonderful garlic flavor and very tender. Will for sure make again.