Recipe by momaphet
This simple recipe can easily be doubled or tripled as necessary. It's cool and refreshing, but quite filling, so perhaps better as a snack than served alongside a full meal. From a local food magazine.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
Yum! Loved this, I couldn't find mangoes that were ripe so I used peaches and it turned out great. Delicious definitely a keeper, can't wait to try the other variations too :) Made for ZWT8 Bistro Babes.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process at high speed for about 40 seconds, until frothy. Serve immediately.
- Autumn Lassi: Replace cold water with 1/4 cup fresh apple cider, add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground cardamom.
- Blackberry: Replace cold water with 1/4 fresh blackberries; adjust sugar to taste.
- Mango: Replace cold water with 1/4 cup fresh or frozen mango pulp.
- Nectarine: Replace cold water with 1/4 fresh pureed nectarine, don't add extra sugar.
- Strawberry: Replace cold water with 1/4 cup fresh or frozen hulled, chopped strawberries.
- Salty: Replace 1 tablespoon sugar with 1 teaspoon coarsely ground cumin seed and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice.