Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple recipe can easily be doubled or tripled as necessary. It's cool and refreshing, but quite filling, so perhaps better as a snack than served alongside a full meal. From a local food magazine.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process at high speed for about 40 seconds, until frothy. Serve immediately.
- Autumn Lassi: Replace cold water with 1/4 cup fresh apple cider, add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground cardamom.
- Blackberry: Replace cold water with 1/4 fresh blackberries; adjust sugar to taste.
- Mango: Replace cold water with 1/4 cup fresh or frozen mango pulp.
- Nectarine: Replace cold water with 1/4 fresh pureed nectarine, don't add extra sugar.
- Strawberry: Replace cold water with 1/4 cup fresh or frozen hulled, chopped strawberries.
- Salty: Replace 1 tablespoon sugar with 1 teaspoon coarsely ground cumin seed and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice.
Yum! Loved this, I couldn't find mangoes that were ripe so I used peaches and it turned out great. Delicious definitely a keeper, can't wait to try the other variations too :) Made for ZWT8 Bistro Babes.
Great recipe! We had a surplus of gorgeous pears in our CSA box this week so I decided to try the Autumn variation with a peeled pear added in. It was FANTASTIC. My kids loved it, and for me it was such a lovely reminder that Fall is around the corner :). I can see this coming into regular rotation here, and I'm grateful because it may become a nice substitute for our very expensive kefir habit. BTW I used cinnamon instead of cardamom based on what was on hand, and only 1 tsp of honey instead of the sugar. Delish! Made for ZWT 8: The Wild Bunch.
I made this using coconut milk yogurt, which I really like. I added the strawberries and enjoyed very much. I used honey instead of sugar. Thanks!