Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice change from the usual...
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease or add paper liners to 12 muffin cups.
- Measure dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stirring until well blended.
- Add raisins and stir.
- Combine yogurt, honey, butter, and egg.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir together until all ingredients are moist.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
I don't know if I did not assemble this properly or not, but I found this to be quite "heavy" and not too much flavour. It just didn't hit my taste buttons I guess.
I am going to try these muffins today. I think the previous reviewer may have had better luck using all white flour, the whole wheat likely made it heavy. Also vanilla yogurt would boost the flavour. I will rate this after we try them later today