Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hey guys and girls, had to share this one with you, it's a good recipe I found in an old Choices for Living (Healthy Choice) magazine. The chef that wrote this recipe is Joan Sorg. This one is soooo delicious, one good way to use all of those strawberries you picked at the berry farm ;)
- 1 cup sugar-free non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) canlucky leaf cherry pie filling, sweetened with splenda
- 6 tablespoons hulled and crushed fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup nabisco reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- strawberry, cut into fans,garnish
- Blend first 3 ingredients togeether with hand stick blender until smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 cup pie filling into each of 3 parfait glasses.
- Top each with 2 1/2 tablespoons yogurt mixture; repeat layers.
- Spoon crushed strawberries evenly into each parfait, top with graham cracker crumbs.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Top each with a strawberry fan.
- Bon apetit.
I have tried it with Pooh's Hunny B's cereal and Golden Grahams. Golden Grahams are way better in this recipe. Also, if you use about 1/4 tsp. (this is approximate-I never measure it, I pour a little in the cap!)of lemon extract, the taste is way better. Lastly, if you can think beforehand to make the cream cheese yogurt mixture and let it chill overnight, it will be thicker and taste better.