Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and Heart Healthy. From The American Heart Association; Recipes For Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Meals Cookbook.
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches or 1 (16 ounce) can pears, canned in their own juice.
- 1 (16 ounce) container nonfat vanilla yogurt or 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds, preferably dry-roasted.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Drain fruit and divide among 6 small dessert bowls.
- Top with yogurt and nuts and sprinkle lightly with cardamom.
- Serve immediately.
This is a super delicious dessert I used to make alot in the summer months in Oman. We enjoyed this alot and I miss making it here in Orlando's cold weather. The flavour the cardamom(freshly ground) imparts to this recipe is remarkable! You have to try this to know what I mean. Thanks so much for bringing back old memories and for posting this!
I made this with canned peaches and Jeunesse non-fat vanilla yogurt, which is sweetened with honey. It was wonderful; a nice, simple dessert for a week night dinner. This is something that I will be enjoying on a regular basis.
I don't have freshly ground cardamon unfourtunately, but this is still nice. Using vanilla flavored sweetend yogurt is key for me. Fat free plain with some vanilla added just doesn't cut it for me. Too much bite.