From the American Diabetes Association. Wonderful and healthy to-go breakfast for kids and adults! Freeze well in individual portions.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (6 ounce) package mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add dried fruits and walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, egg, apple juice concentrate, and oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients until blended.
- Coat a 9 X 13 inch pan with vegetable spray, spread batter in pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until done. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into 8 servings. Freeze in individual portions if desired.