1/3 Photos of Yogurt Fruit Bars
From the American Diabetes Association. Wonderful and healthy to-go breakfast for kids and adults! Freeze well in individual portions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (6 ounce) package mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt or 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add dried fruits and walnuts.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, egg, apple juice concentrate, and oil.
- 4Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients until blended.
- 5Coat a 9 X 13 inch pan with vegetable spray, spread batter in pan.
- 6Bake 45-50 minutes or until done. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- 7Slice into 8 servings. Freeze in individual portions if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt Fruit Bars
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g