Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
from "runner's world" - http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-303-504-13456-0,00.html#
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3⁄4 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine; cook according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook two minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and nutmeg in a small bowl; whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Pour into saute pan, raise the heat, and bring sauce to a simmer, whisking occasionally.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup of the cheese until melted. Remove pan from heat.
- Whisk in yogurt until smooth.
- Toss fettuccine with Alfredo sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Top pasta with remaining cheese. Serves four.
I also found this recipe in Runner's World and we LOVE it! It's awesome as-is but I decided to try it as a mock chicken cordon bleu. I browned breaded chicken and put it in a baking dish. Covered it with Deli Ham and then poured the sauce on top! Baked it for about 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Absolutely delicious!