Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This simple sauce is easy to adapt. Pour it over vegetables, chicken, couscous or pasta for a taste of the Middle East.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup stonyfield farm low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 16 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- Melt butter in the pan, over medium heat, and add flour, stir in broth. Cook until it thickens, stirring constantly. Slowly add the yogurt, curry powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Once finished, keep sauce warm while preparing the noodles.
- Boil the noodles until they are tender. Drain water, and reserve. Using a sauté pan, over medium-high heat, sauté minced garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Add summer squash, snow peas, and cook until vegetables are tender. Add pasta and mix with vegetables. Then toss in yogurt curry sauce before serving.
Simple and healthy and tasty! I made a few changes based on what I had - I used zucchini instead of the yellow squash and sugar snap peas instead of the snow peas. I also used whole grain spaghetti. This was very good. Thanks!