Recipe by Sugarmagnolia_fl
From Food and Wine, June 2003. To be served with Greek-Style Lamb Burgers With Yorgurt-Cucumber Sauce.
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the seedy center of the cucumber. Coarsely shred the cucumber. Squeeze the excess liquid from the shredded cucumber without mashing it.
- In a large bowl, using the back of a spoon, mash the garlic with the salt to a paste. (This can also be done on your cutting board with a knife).
- Stir in the yogurt, olive oil and mint. Add the shredded cucumber, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- This sauce can be refrigerated overnight.