Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great salad recipe that I picked up while shopping from the Walmart in Apopka. Its just so wonderful that I love having it as a side dish sometimes. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do:-) Please note: Cooking time refers to refrigeration time.
- 2 cucumbers, washed,peeled and diced
- 1 large tomatoes, washed,peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt, beaten
- 4 green onions, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Toss together cucumbers and the tomato in a salad bowl.
- Take another bowl and in this one, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour this mixture over the cucumber-tomato mixture.
- Mix gently.
- Store refrigerated for an hour and then serve cold on a hot sunny afternoon with your main course meal, OR, enjoy it by itself for brunch, OR, as a side dish!
This dish is perfect for hot summer weather, and it's even better the next day.
Charishma, this was herby and nice and refreshing as a side dish to your Ginger Mutton Karahi recipe 91050. Thank you.