Recipe by newmama
This is a healthier, lighter spin on cream cheese frosting. You can leave out the cream cheese totally and add extra butter if you like. They won't recognize Fage, but FAGE TOTAL YOGURT is HIGHLY recommended because of texture. it's thicker than most, at least as thick as full fat sour cream (i think thicker!) so others could make a runnier frosting. for thickest creamiest results use full fat fage.
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt (the full fat plain)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 2 ounces butter, room temp
- 2 1⁄2-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- beat yogurt, butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy.
- add powdered sugar- start with the lesser amount and taste, adding more if you need it.
- add vanilla for vanilla frosting or cinnamon for cinnamon frosting, also good plain.
- refrigerate until using.
- *this will frost a 13x9 in cake or 18-24 cupcakes.