Recipe by kittycatmom
This is one of my new favorites! My DH loves blueberries, so I sometimes subsitute blueberries for the the cranberry sauce. Delicious! **Time does not include cooling. Found on King Arthur's Flour Website
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Really good coffee cake, but needs a little more filling. Took a little while to make, but was very tasty. I added some chopped pecans to the topping and left out the extra 2 Tbsp of flour. Thanks for posting!
- 73.94 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 0.25 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml unbleached all-purpose flour or 236.59 ml organic white whole wheat flour
- 29.58 ml unbleached all-purpose flour or 29.58 ml organic white whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml whole berry cranberry sauce
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt or 236.59 ml flavored yogurt
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- To make the streusel: In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add the flour, beating until even crumbs form. Scoop the mixture into a smaller bowl, and set it aside.
- To make the batter: In the same bowl in which you've just made the streusel (you can use a different bowl if you want, but this saves on washing dishes), cream together the butter and brown sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in the eggs, scraping the bowl and again beating until smooth. Beat in the yogurt, extracts, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. The mixture will be fairly stiff. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan. Dollop the cranberry sauce on top, breaking it up with a fork first, if necessary. Sprinkle the streusel over all.
- To bake the coffeecake: Bake coffeecake for 40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove it from oven, and cool for 30 minutes before serving (or serve it hot from the oven, if you don't mind it crumbling a bit!).