Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I haven't tried this yet, actually, but they seem easy and I need a good comfort snack
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add yogurt, egg whites, lemon peel and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Gradually add combined remaining ingredients except powdered sugar, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 1 inch balls, place on prepared cookie sheet. Using bottom of glass coated with sugar, press into inch thick circles.
- Bake at 180ºC for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, remove to wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over warm cookies. Cool completely.