Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Haven't tried yet, just posting for safe keeping-originally from cooks.com
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups uncooked oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lightly spray cookie sheet with no stick spray or oil lightly.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add yogurt, egg whites, lemon peel and vanilla.
- Mix until well blended.
- Gradually add combined remaining ingredients except powdered sugar and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour but no more than three.
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 1 inch balls, place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Using bottom of glass jar coated with sugar, press into thick 1 inch thick circles.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, remove to wire rack.
- Sift powdered sugarover warm cookies and cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.