Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from, From Baba's Kitchen To Ours.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Yummy, tasty, moist coffee cake that was perfect for breakfast yesterday! I did add some pecans to my sugar/cinnamon topping which I thought added a good crunch. I also had to add a little strawberry yogurt since I ran out of the vanilla, but didn't really affect the taste. Otherwise made as is. I definitely recommend making this for a delicious breakfast or snack. Made for PARTY tag game.
- 1 cup plain skim milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yogurt and soda together, then set aside. Beat wet ingredients together. Mix together, alternating flour and yogurt mixtures.
- Put half of the batter in prepared 8x8-inch pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over batter. Add remaining batter, then sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over top. Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes.