Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from, From Baba's Kitchen To Ours.
- 1 cup plain skim milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mix yogurt and soda together, then set aside. Beat wet ingredients together. Mix together, alternating flour and yogurt mixtures.
- Put half of the batter in prepared 8x8-inch pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over batter. Add remaining batter, then sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over top. Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes.
Yummy, tasty, moist coffee cake that was perfect for breakfast yesterday! I did add some pecans to my sugar/cinnamon topping which I thought added a good crunch. I also had to add a little strawberry yogurt since I ran out of the vanilla, but didn't really affect the taste. Otherwise made as is. I definitely recommend making this for a delicious breakfast or snack. Made for PARTY tag game.