Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
adapted from the Chicago Tribune. Haven't tried it yet. Looks great. Made to go with any type of oily fish, like salmon or tuna.
- 1⁄2-1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Puree 1/2 cup yogurt, cilantro, ginger, garlic, jalapenos, lime juice, and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Taste and modify taste by adding additional yogurt and/or jalapenos as desired.
- Refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Serve over grilled or broiled or pan grilled fish.
I had this sauce on fried fish for dinner tonight, and it was nice. I did scale the recipe, and was a little sloppy in measuring the ingredients. As a result, my sauce was rather more strongly flavored than I'd like to think of as the ideal. No problem. I like all of the ingredients, and will be more cautious next time with the garlic and ginger. BTW, when it came out of the food processor, it seemed very liquid, but did thicken up some in a short time in the fridge. I will make this again. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.