Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted to make cookies, but I didn't have any eggs. Who knew there were eggless cookie recipes that are delicious. The yogurt makes these nice and moist. I used butter instead of shortening. Recipe courtesy of Kim Chin and allrecipes.com
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, butter, and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Stir in yogurt and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir into the creamed mixture until incorporated and then mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool for a minute on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.