Recipe by angelfan
This has been a favorite for years. The yogurt makes for less fat, but can also be made with sour cream if you like. I sometimes use left over cold coffee or mix up a half cup of instant coffee. It does not have a strong coffee flavor so those who are not coffee drinkers will enjoy it same as those who are.
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup sweetend low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup double strength brewed coffee
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- pre heat oven to 350.
- grease and flour 2 8 inch cake pans.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, for about 30 seconds, stir, If not quite melted microwave another 10 seconds.
- Add this to yogurt, stir in sugar and eggs beat till blended.
- Add coffee.
- Stir together dry ingredients and slowly mix in chocolate mixture.
- Pour in equal amounts batter in pans, Bake till knife inserted comes out clean.
- Frost with your favorite frosting, Or Mix 3 cups powdered sugar with 3 TBS cocco and add just enough canned milk to make it easy to spread.
- Aprox 1/8 cup.
- Add 2TBS at a time beating till it will spread easy.
- Ice cake and enjoy!