Recipe by Ingy
Chicken marinated in a spiced yogurt sauce and served with lettuce -- a great lunch or light dinner. These proportions are for 2, but it can easily be double, tripled, etc. (Prep time is marinating time)
Top Review by j9cowie
Didn't add the cream (for health) and kept it mild (for the kids). Good basic recipe. Would increase the cumin and garam masala next time. Sauce separated but taste was pretty good.
3 1/2 stars
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into very small pieces
- 1 small white onions or 1 small shallot, cut into thin slivers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes pepper
- 1 head of firm lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except lettuce in a large bowl. Put in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour (longer is better).
- In a large skillet, heat a dash of olive oil over medium heat.
- Pour yogurt/chicken mixture into pan and cook until chicken is cooked through, and sauce has thickend and slightly evaportated (about 10 min). Add the cream and cook another 1-2 minute.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of mixture into each lettuce leaf and wrap, securing with toothpicks if needed.