Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very tasty, and best of all extremely easy!! I grew up in a family of three, hence the measurements in the recipe! It is very easy to make in large quantities. If I can make 40 of these anybody can!
- 3 whole chicken breasts (I use boneless skinless actually!)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons celery salt (I use celery seeds) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (I use margarine)
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings in rimmed, flat bowl and stir.
- Roll chicken in marinade and place in container to refrigerate overnight. You can bread and cook the chicken right away but it is worth the wait!
- Bread the individual chicken pieces and place on greased baking tray.
- Spoon 1/2 of the melted butter over the breaded chicken pieces.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for about 45 minutes or until nearly done.
- Spoon the remaining melted butter over the chicken and continue baking until chicken is tender.