Recipe by polly salama
I make this and serve it with tabbouleh, pita bread and tomatoes. My husband especially likes it as it is somewhat middle eastern.
Top Review by readah
This is great base recipe. I've made this several times-- adding mustard, honey, fresh basil, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, miso, paprika, oregano or lemon juice. You can easily change this to suit your tastes. We've used this with breasts (boneless & bone-in), thighs, legs and whole chickens. It's imporant that the chicken marinate in the mixture for at least 4 hours. Enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the chicken and put in a container big enough so that the chicken is flat, side by side.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
- Allow at least 4 hours for chicken to marinate.
- You can grill the chicken or bake it in the oven.
- It is great on the grill!