These are a delicious, easy low calorie dessert! I replaced the flour with corn starch to make gluten free and used erythritol/stevia instead of sugar. This recipe comes from the baking bites blog http://bakingbites.com/2008/06/yogurt-cheesecake-souffles/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Butter six 6-oz. ramekins. Pour a small amount of sugar into each and roll the ramekins to coat (just like flouring a pan). Set on a baking sheet.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg yolks, flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually stream in sugar and continue beating on medium-high speed until all sugar has been incorporated and egg whites have reached soft peaks.
- 5Working in two or three batches, gently fold egg whites in to yolk mixture. This can be done with a whisk or with a spatula. Make sure all egg whites have been fully incorporated.
- 6Divide mixture evenly into ramekins, using about 1/2 cup in each and leaving ramekins on the baking tray.
- 7Bake for about 15 minutes, until evenly risen and lightly browned around the edges.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt Cheesecake Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.2 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g