Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a delicious, easy low calorie dessert! I replaced the flour with corn starch to make gluten free and used erythritol/stevia instead of sugar. This recipe comes from the baking bites blog http://bakingbites.com/2008/06/yogurt-cheesecake-souffles/
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter six 6-oz. ramekins. Pour a small amount of sugar into each and roll the ramekins to coat (just like flouring a pan). Set on a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg yolks, flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually stream in sugar and continue beating on medium-high speed until all sugar has been incorporated and egg whites have reached soft peaks.
- Working in two or three batches, gently fold egg whites in to yolk mixture. This can be done with a whisk or with a spatula. Make sure all egg whites have been fully incorporated.
- Divide mixture evenly into ramekins, using about 1/2 cup in each and leaving ramekins on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until evenly risen and lightly browned around the edges.
- Serve immediately.