Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 mins
Frozen strawberries in off season can be used but the texture is not the same. Dried mint really does not work but a bit of pepermint extract as a substitute gives a unique flavour to this. Prep time is steep time and chill time. This can be done ahead.
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 6 -8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 large strawberries, sliced
- Bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Stir in mint, remove from heat and steep 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy then beat in yogurt, confectioners sugar and vinilla Chill 15 minutes.
- Pour syrup through a sieve over berries in a bowl, pressing hard to release mint flavour Chill 10 minutes or more.
- To serve place dollop of yogurt cheese in serving bowl (wine glass) and cover with strawberries and syrup mixture.