Recipe by Sharon123
Exotic and delicious! This dessert is made in India and Africa! This is good on it's own, but served with fruit, it's great!
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Really good. I used ultra-thick greek yoghurt and did not bother to drain, just proceeded with recipe. Loved the delicate spicing. The hot, honey/nut mixture is sensational with the yoghurt!
- 946.36 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml honey
- 4.92 ml ground cardamom
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml honey
- 236.59 ml mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the yogurt into a cheesecloth lined coolander over a bowl. Cover and leave it overnight at room temperature.
- The next day, discard the liquid whey(save to use in a smoothie or add to bread when making, and place the yogurt "cheese" in a bowl. Add the honey, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon; mix well. Chill the cheese spice mixture in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, heat the 2 tbls. honey gently in a saucepan and stir in the nuts. Heat on low heat for 2-3 minutes, until the nuts are hot and well coated.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into serving bowls, pour the nut sauce over and serve immediately. Enjoy!