Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Exotic and delicious! This dessert is made in India and Africa! This is good on it's own, but served with fruit, it's great!
- 4 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.)
- Pour the yogurt into a cheesecloth lined coolander over a bowl. Cover and leave it overnight at room temperature.
- The next day, discard the liquid whey(save to use in a smoothie or add to bread when making, and place the yogurt "cheese" in a bowl. Add the honey, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon; mix well. Chill the cheese spice mixture in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, heat the 2 tbls. honey gently in a saucepan and stir in the nuts. Heat on low heat for 2-3 minutes, until the nuts are hot and well coated.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into serving bowls, pour the nut sauce over and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Really good. I used ultra-thick greek yoghurt and did not bother to drain, just proceeded with recipe. Loved the delicate spicing. The hot, honey/nut mixture is sensational with the yoghurt!
This was a tasty exotic variation on plain yogurt. I really liked the spices and I'll definetely try it again. Thanks for posting.