Recipe by Abby Girl
I am always looking for interesting recipes for fruit, as we have a number of friends who are berry farmers. Instructions for yogurt cheese is on #38422. To keep the fat content down, the yogurt could also be sweetened with brown sugar Splenda and a bit of vanilla extract. You could serve this for breakfast, brunch or dinner
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries (blueberries, strawberries or a mixture of fruit)
- 3 cups yogurt cheese (plain or sweetened)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide berries among 6 custard cups. Spread yogurt cheese evenly over berries.
- Press brown sugar through sieve to get rid of any lumps. Spread top of each custard cup with about 2 T sugar.
- Place custards on baking sheet and broil for 1 - 2 minutes, watching carefully, until sugar melts and begins to rown. Allow to rest for a few minutes until topping is firm ~ or ~ a blowtorch could be used.
- Serve immediately.