Recipe by Samantha in Ut
This recipes is from the South Beach Diet Cookbook by Arthur Agatston. This is for phase 1.
- 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a strainer or sieve with a double layer of cheesecloth and place it over a bowl. Spoon in the yogurt and tie the corners of the cheesecloth together. Let it drain in the refrigerator overnight.
- Squeeze the yogurt gently and removed it from the cheesecloth. Discard the liquid or reserve for another use. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Squeeze the cucumber in a towel to remove the moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt cheese, lemon juice, and garlic. Sprinkle with the dill.