Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Pulled this from a web site to use extra yogurt. Good flavor, low calorie and easy ingredients.
Make and share this Yogurt Cheese Cheesecake (Crustless) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray the sides and bottom of a 2-quart soufflé dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whip yogurt cheese with sugar, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla and cake flour; do not overbeat.
- Pour into prepared dish and set into a large pan of hot water. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until cake is browned and cracked. Turn off oven and leave cake in oven for 1 hour longer.
- Remove cheesecake from water bath and allow to cool in dish on a wire rack for 1 hour. Place serving platter over dish and invert.
- Chill until ready to serve, overnight is best. Serves 10-12.
- NOTES: After making this, a few suggestions. I used egg whites, but I think whole eggs would give a better texture. Baking this in a springform pan with a crust would work well. The lemon flavor is good, but any other flavor would work well. It tastes much, much better after being chilled overnight. Don't skip that step!
I just made this cheesecake again using just yogurt cheese. We didn't like it quite as well - it must need that little bit of low fat cream cheese I used the last time. I also forgot to mention that I used half splenda and half sugar. Anyway, I will be making this again, however, will use 8 oz of cream cheese in place of part of the yogurt cheese for a full recipe. Thanks again for the receipe. It is still a keeper.