Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use this versatile cheese in many different ways.I will post a boursin cheese recipe to use this with. Cook Time is just the wait time in the refrigerator.
- Line a sieve with a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Suspend the sieve over a deep bowl.
- Place the yogurt in the filter and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow the whey to drain out.
- When the yogurt has the consistency of a soft cream cheese, scrape the yogurt away from the filter and transfer it to a plastic container.
- Discard the liquid in the bowl and refrigerate the yogurt cheese.
- Use within 1 week, discarding any accumulated liquid before using.
Wow, this is a really easy and great recipe for yogurt cheese! I had always wanted to try making cheese out of yogurt, but never thought the results would be this good! I let my cheese stand in the fridge for 1 1/2 days and voila I had a really thick, feta like cheese. I then used it to make your Boursin Herbed Yogurt Cheese and the taste was just fabulous! Thanks so very much for sharing this super duper recipe with us, hon! Ill definitely will make this again! Made and reviewed for my baby during PAC Fall 09.
OK, I have to admit that I wasn't sure if this was working. I let it sit for 2 1/2 days, hoping that it would get thicker. I just took it out of the cheesecloth, and it's thicker than I thought, almost like a thinner soft cream cheese consistency. I ended up with 3/4 cup of whey in the bowl and I started with 3 cups of yogurt. I'm going to stir fresh dill, a little fresh lemon juice, black pepper and minced garlic in it and use it for a veggie dip. I tagged this recipe in ***1.2.3 HIT WONDERS*** .
How fun was this! I made my own yogurt, and just followed the simple instructions and ta da... yogurt cheese. I used cheese cloth to drain through and it worked perfectly, left it in the frig. draining for 24 hours, think I might leave it longer next time to see if it sets up better. I also made Lorries Boursin Herbed Yogurt Cheese.. delish. Tagged in everyday's a holiday.