Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
You can use this versatile cheese in many different ways.I will post a boursin cheese recipe to use this with. Cook Time is just the wait time in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Wow, this is a really easy and great recipe for yogurt cheese! I had always wanted to try making cheese out of yogurt, but never thought the results would be this good! I let my cheese stand in the fridge for 1 1/2 days and voila I had a really thick, feta like cheese. I then used it to make your Recipe #337370 and the taste was just fabulous! Thanks so very much for sharing this super duper recipe with us, hon! Ill definitely will make this again! Made and reviewed for my baby during PAC Fall 09.
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a sieve with a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Suspend the sieve over a deep bowl.
- Place the yogurt in the filter and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow the whey to drain out.
- When the yogurt has the consistency of a soft cream cheese, scrape the yogurt away from the filter and transfer it to a plastic container.
- Discard the liquid in the bowl and refrigerate the yogurt cheese.
- Use within 1 week, discarding any accumulated liquid before using.