Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This one is from my sister. Nice 'light' scones
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup plain yogurt (enough to make the dough sticky)
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cheese.
- Add yogurt all at once, stir with fork to make a soft slightly stick dough.
- Cut in to rounds and bake 425F degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cooked.
This recipe is great. Light fluffy scones and quick & easy. Best scone recipe I have tried in a long time. Thanks
My mom swears that not only are these the most amazing biscuits she has ever tasted, but found that they were just about the easiest to make, too! We had to use the whole 1 cup of yogurt. Absolutely melt-in-your-mouth!
This is my first time to make scones and I used shredded gouda cheese, sauteed onions and some garlic powder but otherwise followed the recipe. One guest called them "addicting"! I baked them on Silpat and they turned out great.<br/> Thank you.