Recipe by Tamibic2
Low fat because you use applesace - very Good. Mix up with different cereals and yogurts!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Different but good, and a great way to clean some extra yogurt out of the fridge. Sweet, moist bars that may just convince a picky child to eat breakfast. For those concerned about sugar, you could probably cut it back some. Looks like some of the instructions are missing, so I layered half the cereal mixture, all of the yogurt mixture, then dolloped remaining cereal mixture on top. I was a little concerned that the cereal mixture wouldn't hold together when baked, but they were perfect. Used all organic ingredients for a much cheaper version of bars you can buy in the store. Will make these again, probably soon since there's more yogurt in the fridge. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container strawberry yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 6 ingredients (I crush the cereal).
- Press the mixture into a greased 8X8 pan.
- Mix yogurt, egg and flour and spread on cereal mixture and top with remaining mixture- press lightly.
- Bake for 30 min in a 350 degree oven.
- Cool and cut into bars.