Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I've been having fun making my own salad dressings lately, and wanted to try making my own caesar dressing that wasn't too rich and didn't require eggs. I also wanted to make it vegetarian; as I saw a cool caesar salad pizza at a local pizza joint and wanted to make my own version since their dressing used anchovy paste and had chicken on the pie. Yogurt is also more resilient than mayo and better for you too! cook time is chill time.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, and thin out with a little cold water as it will thicken up a bit upon refridgeration.
- Store in a jar or airtight container. Refridgerate at least 2 hours prior to eating. Yields about 1 1/2 cups.