Recipe by John W
I make one of these shakes for breakfast almost every morning. Sometimes I make extra for a quick snack mid-morning too. The intent of this is something filling, but healthy. Sometimes I will sometimes mix in 1t of some kind of protein powder (e.g., whey powder) if I need the extra filling nature of protein. Be mindful of how much protein powder is added as it can make the shake very filling -- I used to to 1T but that was far too much. As a note, I used to mix with a hand blender wand. I found that did not give the smoothie the same fluffiness, but it was passable.
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 6 ounces yogurt (flavored to compliment the banana ( try blueberry or strawberry)
- 6 ounces milk
- 4 strawberries (or any other small amount of fruit to compliment the yogurt and banana (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add those ingredients, in order, into a blender. The order prevents splashing and also helps things like the cinnamon to mix well.
- Start blending on slow until it is all mixed. Then blend on progressively higher speeds until you are blending on the fastest speed. Blend on high for about a minute. This aerates the smoothie and gives it a "fluffiness".
- Pour into glass and enjoy!