Recipe by MsSally
Adapted from Eat Better America, we should all get a little more fiber in our diets. This is a good way to do that.
- 1 cup Fiber One cereal, originial
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free french vanilla yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries or 1⁄2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease bottom of each muffin cup with shortening. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- In medium bowl, stir together egg whites, oil and yogurt. Add cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently stir in berries. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.