Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Everyone will like these nutritious muffins!
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup oat bran (or wheat bran)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (or dates or raisins)
- Mix yogurt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat sugars, oil and egg.
- Sit in bran and vanilla.
- Mix flour baking powder and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt.
- Fold in nuts or fruit.
- Bake 350F for 35 mins.
Excellent! Crunchy-topped tender muffins with great flavor. Not at all heavy. I used raisins and oat bran. The yogurt and baking soda will "boil" over when mixed..my muffins were pretty flat, I wonder if combining the two right before mixing with the other ingredients would yield a higher muffin? In any event, they are very tasty and I will make them again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very good-I didn't have plain yogurt so I used blueberry. Just used 1/2 cup brown sugar,no white, personal preference, and about 1 cup raisins, baked in 6 jumbo muffin cups for 25 minutes at 375*F. They were perfect! I've eaten 2 today LOL. Thanks for posting the nice recipe.