Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I got from my friend, Gail. These are so light and fluffy. Very moist and definitely a keeper. I was wondering what they would taste like with a flavoured yogurt. Inquiry minds want to know......
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups natural bran
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened blueberries or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure the yogurt into a large bowl and mix in baking soda.
- Set aside.
- This mixture will expand so it is important to use a large bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the brown sugar, eggs and oil.
- Add the bran and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the sugar mixture alternately with the yogurt.
- Fold in the berries or raisins (if being added).
- Pour into muffin tins (spray with a cooking spray or use liners).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Makes 2 dozen.
Without a doubt these are the fluffiest bran muffins that I have ever made or seen anywhere for that matter. I made the full amount and making 12 regular sized muffins and 6 double sized. The smaller ones baked in 15 mins and the double's were ready at 17 mins. I used 3/4 cup of Splenda Brown and cut the oil to 3/4 cup and used fat free Greek yogurt with no problems at all. Also added 1 cup of big flame raisins. So Good! this recipe is certainly a keeper
Great! Light and fluffy. Halved the recipe and added another handful of blueberries. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I have tried numerous bran muffin recipes over the years and this is the best yet. Thanks so much!!