Recipe by Dorel
I like it because it is a healthy muffin. I substitute Egg Beaters for the eggs. Instead of 1 cup of oil I use 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce, but that is up to you. I like to use frozen blueberries as then the colour doesn't turn the flour that yucky blue colour. You will have to test for doneness as it takes longer.
- 400 g any flavour yogurt (about 1-2/3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (increase to 1 cup if you prefer sweeter muffins)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup apple sauce)
- 2 cups natural bran (not cereal, the real wheat bran)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour (can be white or whole wheat)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (I always use about 2 cups, I like lots of blueberries in my muffins)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray with Pam.
- Measure yogurt into medium bowl and mix in baking soda, it will foam and it is supposed too; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together sugar, eggs and oil.
- Add bran and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour and yogurt mixtures alternately to the sugar mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Bake 20-35 minutes.
- Makes 12 very large muffins or 18 large muffins.