Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A truly 21st century Hong Kong style dish - fusion blend of stir-fred beefstewed in yogurt. The original recipe uses a wok, but a skillet works just as well.
- 8 ounces filet of beef, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- Melt butter on skillet. Saute onions, add beef fillet, stir fry until golden brown.
- Add tomato, bell peppers, potatoes, water, milk, salt, pepper and vinegar. Bring to boil.
- Switch to low heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Add cornstarch and yogurt.
- Stir constantly until sauce becomes smooth. Serve hot.
Wonderful meal! I doubled the recipe, thinking I would have enough for another meal. Well, that ain't happenin'. The guys loved this, and didn't leave hardly enough for a lunch! Served it like I would stew, all on it's own. We will be enjoying this dish for many years to come. Thnx for sharing such a great recipe, Fiona. Made for PAC Fall 2009.