Recipe by jackieblue
These are a delicious, easy way to use up those bananas that are on the way out. My children love these. The yogurt helps to make them moist. You can freeze these if you like. I have also used mini-loaf pans and baked for about 35 minutes.
Top Review by rcrdwatt
Very nice muffins - a hit with young and old in our house! I cut down the sugar to one cup as I don't have a sweet tooth at all. Recipe made 24 mini and 6 large muffins - thank you for sharing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large bananas, mashed (or 4, to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) container vanilla yogurt (or plain Greek yogurt and 1 t vanilla)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, placing rack in lowest position.
- Prepare mini-muffin tins with paper liners.
- Cream sugar and butter in large bowl.
- Mix in eggs with mixer until well blended.
- Add bananas and yogurt, and beat until smooth.
- Add baking soda and salt. Mix.
- Fold in flour until it's all moistened.
- Stir in chips.
- Fill liners in pan about 3/4 of the way. I use a cookie scoop and they go quickly and turn out uniform.
- Bake 20 minutes on bottom rack.