Recipe by Izzy Knight
Recipe from Stonyfield yogurt website. i tried it and I LOVED IT! It's low in fat but no compromise in taste. Good diabetic recipe too.
Top Review by ohbother
I LOVE chicken cooked like this!!! When I make it, I don't think of the yogurt as just a marinade; I cook the chicken IN the yogurt "sauce" and serve it over rice. The "sauce" will separate during cooking and doesn't look pretty, but can be whisked before serving to make a smoother, more presentable sauce. I also like to add a can of sliced black olives and about a tablespoon of capers when I fix this. Served over or with rice or cous cous, with a great tossed green salad, it makes a wonderfully tasty and healthy meal. I also have found that non-fat plain yogurt actually works better than regular, which makes it healthier still.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skinned and split
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the yogurt, mustard, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on the chicken, rubbing it in.
- Place in a baking dish, cover, and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, for 1 hour or until it is brown.