Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Prep time does not include chilling/marinating (which is optional, but reccommended).
Make and share this Yogurt Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- Place chicken breasts into a baking dish in a sigle layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings, green onions, lemon juice, and yogurt.
- Pour the yogurt/seasoning mixture over the chicken breasts, turning them over to coat well with the yogurt mixture.
- For best results, cover and chill for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover the chicken and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is done.
My BF was a bit skeptical of the yogurt in this, but was pleasantly surprised with the results. We found this very flavorful, healthy, and something a bit more unique to do with a chicken breast.
I'm not going to give this a starred rating because I think I messed up by using my micro-zester for the ginger and then it was way too much...it overpowered the rest of the flavors. I used 2 percent Greek yogurt, chicken breast tenders and marinated it for 2 hours in a large ziploc bag. Made for Zaar tag.