Recipe by mell_2
This is my version of this wonderful recipe. The original uses boneless chicken thighs and the portion is doubled.
- 3⁄8 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tamarind paste (Asian supermarket)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄8 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine the yogurt, tamarind, garlic, canola, salt, cayenne and garam massala.
- Add the chicken, mix and make sure the chicken is covered with the marinade.
- Cover and marinate for a minimum of 4 hours but 8 is prefered.
- Preheat a grill, barbeque or stovetop cast-iron grill to high heat(if doing this indoors make sure you switch on your exhaust fan,there will be smoke whilst grilling on the high heat. (doing this in a pan does not work for me, it makes a mess and does not brown so well, grill or barbeque gave me a better result).
- Grill the breasts 4 minutes on each side, then again 4 minutes on each side.
- Check or the thighs are done, if still pink continue grilling.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.